Conferences & Trainings
Coming this Fall: New Teacher Training for Health Science Teachers
October 28th and 29th at Region 20 in San Antonio, Texas
Registration is now open. Click here to access the registration form.
Sponsored by THOA and HOSA
Region 20 is located at 1314 Hines in San Antonio. See on Google Maps
This “Bootcamp” training is for new Health Science teachers:
- hired after the Summer THOA conference or
- who could not attend the Summer conference or
- who need some reinforcement of topics covered.
This comprehensive workshop provides new teachers with resources and training needed to teach Health Science.
The workshop topics include:
- Overview of Health Science and Understanding of the TEKS
- Teaching Strategies and Learning Styles
- Exposure to Classroom and Administrative Responsibilities including Creating Interactive Lesson Plans
- Curriculum Resources and Trouble Shooting
- Student Certification Programs
- Starting a Student Organization and Integrating “HOSA” into the Classroom
For more information about the conference or registration visit the THOA website at www.thoainc.org.
See the recommended hotels and a tentative agenda below.
The following forms of payment are accepted.
Personal Check made out to THOA INC - Mailed to THOA, PO BOX 161532, Austin, TX. 78716
District Check made out to THOA INC - Mailed to THOA, PO BOX 161532, Austin, TX 78716
Credit Card Payment - Access this payment choice at the end of the registration form
District Purchase Order - emailed directly to email@example.com
Please include a copy of your preregistration email confirmation with payment.
Conference 2019 Presentations will be posted in this folder as we receive them.