Conferences & Trainings
Coming this Fall: New Teacher Training for Health Science Teachers
October 28th and 29th at Region 20 in San Antonio, Texas
Registration begins September 1st and ends October 18th.
Sponsored by THOA and HOSA
This “Bootcamp” training is for new Health Science teachers:
- hired after the Summer THOA conference or
- who could not attend the Summer conference or
- who need some reinforcement of topics covered.
This comprehensive workshop provides new teachers with resources and training needed to teach Health Science.
The workshop topics include:
- Overview of Health Science and Understanding of the TEKS
- Teaching Strategies and Learning Styles
- Exposure to Classroom and Administrative Responsibilities including Creating Interactive Lesson Plans
- Curriculum Resources and Trouble Shooting
- Student Certification Programs
- Starting a Student Organization and Integrating “HOSA” into the Classroom
For more information about the conference or registration visit the THOA website at www.thoainc.org.
See the recommended hotels and a tentative agenda below.
Conference 2019 Presentations will be posted in this folder as we receive them.