Conferences & Trainings
SOLD OUT: New Teacher Training for Health Science Teachers
Sorry, there will be no on-site registrations.
Please direct any questions to Wanda@thoainc.org
October 28th and 29th at Region 20 in San Antonio, Texas
Conference begins at 8 AM.
Sponsored by THOA and HOSA
Region 20 is located at 1314 Hines in San Antonio. See on Google Maps
This “Bootcamp” training is for new Health Science teachers:
- hired after the Summer THOA conference or
- who could not attend the Summer conference or
- who need some reinforcement of topics covered.
This comprehensive workshop provides new teachers with resources and training needed to teach Health Science.
The workshop topics include:
- Overview of Health Science and Understanding of the TEKS
- Teaching Strategies and Learning Styles
- Exposure to Classroom and Administrative Responsibilities including Creating Interactive Lesson Plans
- Curriculum Resources and Trouble Shooting
- Student Certification Programs
- Starting a Student Organization and Integrating “HOSA” into the Classroom
See the recommended hotels and a tentative agenda below.
The following forms of payment are accepted.
Personal Check made out to THOA INC - Mailed to THOA, PO BOX 161532, Austin, TX. 78716
District Check made out to THOA INC - Mailed to THOA, PO BOX 161532, Austin, TX 78716
Credit Card Payment - Password Required
District Purchase Order - emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a copy of your preregistration email confirmation with payment.
Conference 2019 Presentations will be posted in this folder as we receive them.