Blanco ISD Job Opening
Become a member of an exciting new Health Science program of study at Blanco High School. Health Science program offerings and courses to be taught will include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Health Science Clinical
- Health Science Theory
- Health Science Practicum
- H.O.S.A. Student Organization Membership
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Health Science Field background and experience required
- Health Science Teacher Certification preferred
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to oversee student field experiences in career area assigned
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan to use appropriate instruction and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan to assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
- Work to establish relationships with local businesses to offer practicum/volunteer-based or work-based opportunities for students.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Present a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations related to the occupational area assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals, tools related to construction, welding, manufacturing, woodworking, plumbing, electrical, trailers and other course-related equipment Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Frequent district-wide travel; occasional statewide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress