Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Valid teaching certificate appropriate for teaching assignment (must have a valid certificate in Health Science Technology , not Health Education)
- Applicant will be responsible for any required immunization(s) if assigned to a hospital rotation setting
- Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or high school diploma/GED and equivalent wage-earning experience as required by certification
- Knowledge of career and technical education subject assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to oversee student field experiences in career area assigned
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Probationary/Term Contract: 202 days
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for approved extracurricular activities or outside activities for which you are the sponsor.
- Present a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the district’s Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations related to the occupational area assigned.
- Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s), if assigned
MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside, may work inside and outside; regular exposure to noise
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.