HEALTH SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
Reports To: Principal
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Dept. /School: Assigned Campus
Pay Grade: Teacher Salary Schedule
As of 10/01/2018: Submitting an application through this “Teacher Pool” posting expresses your interest to work with SAISD in the capacity of a teacher for the 2018-2019 School Year. We highly recommend teacher applicants apply for all “Teacher Pool” postings that match your qualifications and interests, as well as aligned campus-specific vacancies.
Terms of Employment:
10 months/187 days per year. Salary is on the teacher salary schedule on the SAISD Compensation Plan on a term or probationary contract, as applicable with additional consideration for directly related experience.
Performance Evaluation Requirements
- No Teaching Experience: Favorable recommendation from an educational program supervisor
- 1-2 Years of Teaching Experience: The summative evaluation scores must be at “proficient” or above in four of sixteen dimensions with no “improvement needed” in any dimension using TTESS or a comparable performance evaluation tool
- 3 or More Years of Teaching Experience: The summative evaluation scores must be at “proficient” or above in nine of sixteen dimensions with no “improvement needed” in any dimension using TTESS or a comparable performance evaluation tool
The Health Science (HS) teacher is responsible for instruction and clinical supervision in the HS classroom designed to fulfill students’ maximum potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Teachers will enable students to develop competencies and skills that will prepare them for success in higher education and careers.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree from an accredited university
• Current licensure in a health care profession issued in the United States
• Valid Texas Teacher Certificate in one of the following: Health Science Grades 6-12, Health Science Technology Education Grades 8-12, Vocational Health Occupations, Vocational Health Science Technology OR
• Completion or acceptance of an approved teacher preparation program in one of the aforementioned areas OR
• Minimum 2 years of full-time wage earning experience in a licensed health care profession