Job Title: RN/LVN CNA Instructor – CTE Program
Reports to: Principal and Director of CATE
Pay Grade: Teacher Hire in Schedule
Dept./School: Assigned Campus
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt – RN
Non-exempt – LVN or CNA ($30.00 hr)
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of Texas.
- At lease one year experience in a long-term facility (a nursing home) or a (skilled nursing unit that has Medicare/Medicaid beds.
- Must have completed a course in teaching adults or have experience in teaching adults or supervising nurse aids.
- Must work under the general direction of the program director or be the approved program director who meets the requirement
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a Certifinate Nurse Assistant (CNA) Instructor.
- Prepare and guide students in securing internship positions
- Coordinate projects and programs with community health care providers/agencies and educational institutions
- Coordinate student organization activities (Health Occupations Students of America
- Coordinate the Certified Nurses Aide Program.
- Collaborate with peers in the career/technology and other high school departments
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students ccording to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Supervise assigned instructional aide(s)
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.