High School Teaching/Health Science Technology
Job Pool for all individuals interested in applying for Health Science Technology Teacher positions. Applicants can apply here for current and/or anticipated vacancies.
Provide student with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree from an accredited university
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate in Health Science Technology 8-12, or eligible for employment through an Alternative Certification Program (ACP).
- Eligible ACP candidates must also meet NCLB “Highly Qualified” requirements by passing the TExES examination(s) required for this position.
- Knowledge of career and technology education subject assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to supervise student field experiences in career area assigned
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Two or more years of wage-earning experience in the area of certification.
CALENDAR: 187 work days
SALARY: Teacher Salary