Position: CTE – Health Science Technology Teacher
Pay Grade: Contract
Duty Days: 187
Salary: KISD Current Staff Compensation Plan
– Teacher will receive a stipend for this position.
– Teacher may receive up to ten (10) years credit on the local salary schedule for outside work experiences with approved documentation/proof of full-time work experiences.
• Valid Texas Teacher Certificate in the following:
o Texas Certified as a Health Science Technology Education Teacher; or
Proof of acceptance into a teacher certification program for Health Science Technology Education and Statement of Eligibility for Probationary Certificate.
• Associate or more advanced degree from an accredited institution.
• Current licensure, certification or registration by a nationally recognized accrediting agency as a health professions practitioner based on a program requiring at least two years of formal education.
• Two years of full-time wage-earning experience in the licensed occupational field.
• Applicants going through an Alternative Certification plan must show proof of passing the content exam and the meet the guidelines mentioned above. You must be eligible for a one year probationary certificate upon employment. You must successfully complete all requirements to be eligible for a standard certificate within twelve months from the date of employment.
• Photocopies of SBEC certificate and test scores, and all college transcripts must be uploaded into online applicant folder. Transcripts must show posted degree.
• Experience teaching courses from the following CTE career cluster preferred: Health Science